COMMUNICATIONS AND MARKETING PROFESSIONAL
Versatile communications professional with exceptional writing, editing, and organizational skills. Demonstrated ability to multitask under tight deadlines, exercise the highest level of confidentiality, and foster relationships with all levels in an organization, including:
- Change communications
- Event & meeting planning
- Internal & marketing communications
- Leadership & associate communications
- Managing vendor relationships
- Web content
- Web development
With 50 years of proven industry leadership and expertise, Lincoln Investment delivers investment strategies to almost 235,000 clients representing over $24 billion in assets.
Senior Writer/Editor – (January 016 – Present)
• Designed, built and manage an employee intranet site, which debuted in January 2018. First for the company.
• Act as an internal and external communicator, create and edit corporate communications, newsletter articles, white papers, marketing materials, and website content.
• Ensure all content is compliant to brand/style standards and FINRA and SEC rules and regulations.
• Stay informed on trends in the marketplace, including financial marketing developments, retirement demographics and more.
• Photograph employee and executive headshots and events, eliminating the need for outside photographer.
SunGard is one of the world’s leading software and technology services companies serving 25,000 customers in over 70 countries.
Internal Communications Manager – (2014 – 2016)
• Ensured a flow of relevant and high-impact internal communications, including organizational announcements, intranet posts, video interviews, presentations, policy and guideline documents, training materials, podcasts, and multi-media pieces to a corporate-wide audience of 13,000.
• Built global HR Portal and 40 accompanying country sites in SharePoint 2013 to act as a self-service source for employees worldwide. Sites rolled out in March 2015.
• Managing editor for company intranet, SunGard Central.
• Measured and analyzed effectiveness of SunGard’s communications and developed plans for ongoing improvement.
• Supported employee engagement and corporate citizenship efforts, including the creation of the yearly employee survey and corporate citizenship report.
Global Communications Specialist – (2011-2014)
• Developed and facilitated internal communications for the global shared services financial group employees in North America, Europe, Asia, and Australia to drive employee alignment around business strategies.
• Built shared services intranet site; worked with IT technology to build the back end frames, and created the design and content. Site rolled out in February 2012.
Write and edit content, and design graphics for various clients.
Freelance Writer (2009-2011)
• Clients included AAA Mid-Atlantic, The American Legion, Aegis Monitoring, an Event Planning Publication, a technology startup, and various Web content providers.
GMAC Inc. (now Ally Financial Inc.) is one of the world’s largest financial services companies with more than $174 billion in assets.
Manager, Internal Communications (2005-2009)
• Collaborated with executive leadership to create PowerPoint presentations, business articles, and quarterly business updates.
• Launched new company programs by working with executive leadership and directors throughout the company, including IT and HR to create long-term communication plans for internal and external communication channels.
• Assembled a new company intranet by combining two existing sites after a merger, improving communication, and eliminating duplication.
• Developed and facilitated internal communications for 11,000 associates via company intranet and e-mail, establishing a common communication channel and eliminating the need for multiple messages.
• Acted as managing editor for company intranet, earning a CIO 50/50 award for “Best of the Web.”
• Facilitated quarterly town hall meetings for 2,000 at corporate headquarters, eliminating the need to use outside meeting planners.
• Established company mentoring program and Toastmasters club; participants have demonstrated improvement in their industry/company knowledge and presentation skills.
Content Manager, Web Management (2000-2005)
• Designed new B2C Internet site, providing all new content, including tutorials for homebuyers, earning a “Top 10” rating by Gomez.com, who reported it contained solid educational content.
• Prepared content so it was compliant with industry standards and legal guidelines.
Account Manager, Marketing (1993-2000)
• Implemented marketing plans for top producers in 75 GMAC Mortgage retail offices.
• Designed, wrote, and edited two highly acclaimed newsletters: “Market Commentary”, an industry publication distributed monthly to 100,000 real estate professionals nationwide, and “Home Dreams”, a quarterly publication distributed to 200,000 customers nationwide. Established GMAC Mortgage as a subject matter expert in the industry due to “Market Commentary’s” consistent quoting by the Associated Press in various publications across the country.
• Planned and attended several national conventions and industry events each year, including the National Association of Realtors and National Builder shows. Finished in “Top 3” for best exhibit booth and trade show campaign at major events throughout tenure. Maintained budgets of $500,000 per event.
Loan Officer, Mortgage Originations (1990-1993)
• Originated first and second mortgage loans for purchase and refinance. Closed approximately 50 loans per month consistently, increasing revenue, and establishing a top producer status.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
• B.S. in Business Administration, Gwynedd Mercy University.
• Public Relations Certificate, PRSA & Penn Foster College.
• Writing for the Web Certificate, St. Joseph’s University.
• Business Communications Certificate, Villanova
• Microsoft Office, FrontPage and SharePoint, Quark Xpress, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, and Dreamweaver.
• Mac and Windows Operating Systems.
• Basic knowledge of HTML.
• IABC (International Association of Business Communicators).
• Toastmasters International.